COLLECTION OF HALLMARKED SILVER & ELECTROPLATE ITEMS BELONGING TO MAJOR P.C. BEAVER, 13/18TH HUSSARS
Hallmarked silver cigarette box engraved to Captain P.C. Beaver, fro mthe members of the Officer's Mess, Junior Leaders Regiment, R.A.C., 13th June 1964, silver ash tray engraved: "HQ 8 Infantry Brigade, Major P.C. Beaver, 13/18th H., 1977-79, gold metal circular tray engraved with 13/18th Hussars insignia and "Presented to Captain P.C. Beaver by the NCOs and men of 'C' Sqn., Fallingbostel 1962', French cavalry school electroplate tray with prancing horse, with accompanying plaque and electroplate ash tray, Log Book of Cavalry Descents with the British Airborne Forces, parachute wings, Cavalry School sports medallions and framed print of the Scots Greys in ink: "Presented to Major P.C. Beaver, 13/18 H., Range Officer Castlemartin, with many thanks The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.
Major Philip Charles Beaver was the son of Lt.-Col. P.S.L. Beaver, M.C., and the last of five consecutive generations that served in the army or navy for over two centuries. Educated at Wellington College and trained at Sandhurst, Beaver was commissioned into the 13th/18th Hussars in 1957 and trained as a parachutist, further serving as a G2 Branch officer in Londonderry froom 1978-79, British Liaison Officer to the French Cavalry School at Saumur 1980-82 and Allied Staff Secretary in Berlin 1982-84.