WWII GROUP OF 4 MEDALS, LOG BOOK & EPHEMERA TO SGT. J.P SCOTT, 489 (N.Z.) SQN. R.N.Z.A.F.

** NEW ** 1939-45 Star; Air Crew Europe Star with Atlantic clasp; WWII Defence Medal; WWII War Medal. Accompanied by Observer's & Air Gunner's Log Book covering complete service from 22 Oct 1941 to 26 May 1945, R.A.F. Service & Release Book, photograph album and original paperwork.
No image set
NOW£1,395.00
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
No image set
Description

Jack Percival Scott was born in Victoria, Australia on 13 Dec 1913, the son of James Percival Theodore Scott.

He joined the Royal Air Force on 28 Jun 1940 and was posted to No.1 A.G.S. Pembrey, No.3 R.S. Prestwick, 5 O.T.U. Turnberry and T.T.U. Abbotsinch.

Joining 489 (N.Z.) Squadron on 2 Nov 1942, Scott flew his first coastal patrol in a Hampden anti-submarine torpedo bomber as Wireless Operator/Air Gunner and completed a number of shipping patrols around the coast of Norway, attacking armed merchant vessels. On 5 Feb 1943, Scott was flying with Sgt. Parkinson in Hampden torpedo bomber T.AT.258 when they were sent on an unsuccessful strike on the German battleship, Tirpitz.

On 5 May 1943, he attacked a 3000 ton armed merchant ship near Stavanger with torpedoes and shot up a flak ship, sighting 2 U-Boats in the same month and being subjected to 'heavy and accurate flak', completing 30 operations for 489 Squadron to 5 Nov 1943 before joining No.12 Radio School at St. Athan from 7 Jan 1944 to 17 May 1944 and No.11 Radio School Hooton Park on 7 June 1944 as an Instructor, finally with No.10 Radio School Carew, Cheriton, until the end of the war.